1. CONFIRMED BOOKING’S DEPOSITS & FINAL PAYMENTS The booking is not confirmed until the deposit is paid (50% of the Tariff). All properties require a deposit to be paid within two (2) days of initial request booking. Bookings made less than fourteen (14) days prior to the arrival date must be paid in full within 48 hours following request.
All bookings will incur a $35.00 “Booking Fee” and is not refundable.
DEPOSIT- Deposit required is 50% of total booking. Deposits are not transferable between properties.
FINAL PAYMENTS are to be made no later than fourteen (14) days before date of arrival.
DATE CHANGES – Any change in dates will incur a $50 Administration fee.
2. CANCELLATION POLICIES If you booked direct with Blue Mountains Escapes the following cancellation policy applies:
If you cancel your accommodation, and we can secure a replacement booking for the same period your deposit will be refunded less a $100.00 Cancellation Fee. If however the property cannot be re let one of following will apply:-
- For cancellations over fourteen (14) days of the arrival date (and no other booking can be found to replace your dates) the full deposit is non-refundable. If any payments have been received over the deposit then the refund will be total amount paid to date, less the deposit.
- For cancellations within 14 days of the arrival date (and no other booking can be found to replace your dates) 75% of the total tariff is non-refundable.
If you booked through Advertiser sites like Booking.com, Airbnb then their respective cancellation policy applies. You can generally see what the cancellation policy is within your booking on the site you booked through.
We recommend that all guests take out comprehensive holiday and travel insurance to cater for any unforeseen circumstances which may arise beyond any one’s control. e.g. Natural Disasters like Bush Fires etc.
If you shorten your stay, the unused portion of your rental is not refundable.
For refunds where the payment method was by credit card the refund will be processed back on to the same credit card. All other refunds will be via direct deposit to your bank account.
3. PAYMENT METHODS Direct Deposit, Cheque or Credit Card (surcharge of 1.5% applies to credit card payments).
4. CHANGES TO BOOKINGS BY OWNER When a booking is made, the deposit is accepted for the owner at that time. If the property is for sale and the ownership changes before your holiday, we cannot guarantee that the property will remain available. We cannot accept responsibility for decisions made by an owner. However, if the property is sold, you will be notified, allowing time to organise alternative accommodation. If no alternative accommodation is to your liking or no other accommodation is available, then your full Deposit and any other payments you made will be refunded
5. AMENTIES, GUEST EXPECTATIONS, INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS All properties under Blue Mountains Escapes management are privately owned and are rented on a fully self-contained basis. In the event of faults and/or malfunctions of appliances or inclusions, there is no obligation from the owner or Blue Mountains Escapes to compensate or discount.
Wood - Not all properties that contain wood burning fires supply wood (see property information regarding heating and woods supply). Bags of wood (wood, kindling, paper and matches) can be purchased from Blue Mountains Escapes and will be delivered to the property on the afternoon of your arrival.
6. ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE TIMES The property is available from 2pm on the day of arrival and you must vacate by 10am on the date of your departure as shown on your booking confirmation, unless otherwise arranged. You will be charged $50 per hour or part thereof if you have not departed the premises at the agreed time.
7. LATE CHECK OUT Early Check in (12 noon) and Late Check outs (12 noon) can be arranged, however you must arrange prior to arrival and is subject to availability. Requests for late check out on or night before departure may not be received in time for it to be granted. If you do not receive a note that it is OK then the normal checkout of 10am will apply
8. KEY COLLECTION & RETURN Keys will be available for collection from Blue Mountains Escapes, 1/118 Wentworth St, Blackheath, NSW, 2785, Monday to Friday between 2pm and 5pm. Key pickup after 5pm Mon-Friday, on Public Holidays) and weekend will not be available from the office they will be located at our After Hours Key collection - The afterhours key collection point is The New Ivanhoe Hotel Bottle Shop at the junction of the Great Western Highway and Govetts Leap Rd, Blackheath.
Keys are to be returned to Blue Mountains Escapes office – if afterhours they can be placed in the key return box to the left of the front door of our office at 1/118 Wentworth, Blackheath. You will be charged a $50 Administration Fee if the keys are dropped off at any place other than the Blue Mountains Escapes Office (1/118 Wentworth St, Blackheath). This includes leaving the keys at the property.
9. LOST KEYS/REMOTES If keys and/or remotes are lost you will be charged for an Admin fee of $50.00 plus the replacement cost of the keys if they are unable to be found If you require access to the property after hours you will be charged a $50.00 Call Out Fee. After hours phone number is 0411-703-767.
10. GUEST REGISTRATION A guest registration form is required to be completed for all bookings and forwarded to Blue Mountains Escapes before your arrival date. The registration form requests details of your name, street address and credit card details. If credit card details cannot be supplied a $400.00 “Security Bond” is payable (cash or Cheque) no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the arrival date. Re-fund of the Security Bond will be returned as part of the mid-month or end of month processes (whichever is first after the departure date.
11. ON DEPARTURE RUBBISH TO BE REMOVED FROM INSIDE THE PREMISES Garbage bins are provided with all properties. Please ensure that all garbage is removed from inside the property and placed in bins provided. Please read the sign in your holiday property for garbage collection day. You are required to place the bin on the curb side for collection with the handle facing the property depending on your day of departure. You will be charged for extra cleaning if there is excess rubbish left at the property including left around the bin area. Please turn off all heating (including electric blankets) and secure any fires that are still burning. The premises must be left in a neat and tidy condition or you may be charged for excess cleaning.
12. OUTDOOR OPEN FIRES & BBQ’s Outdoor open fires (including wood fired BBQ’s) are banned during certain periods of the year as circumstances governed by National Parks and Wildlife services. You must follow these directions. In addition to this not all owners allow open fires on their properties. See property information and refer to the NSW Rural Fire Brigade’s web site for Fire Ban information at www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
BBQ’s - For properties with BBQ’s, we request owners to retain a supply of gas, however it is not always possible. We therefore apologise for any inconvenience. If this is the case, please call our Emergency Number and they will instruct accordingly. You will be charged for extra cleaning if the BBQ is left unclean.
13. SMOKING All properties are non-smoking and must be adhered to at all times. Please do not throw cigarette butts on the ground or in the garden. You will be charged for extra cleaning to remove any cigarette butts.
14. OCCUPANCY The premises are let to you for holiday purposes ONLY and only for the period stated on your booking email. NO weddings, parties, or large gatherings are allowed. Filming and Photo shoots are also not allowed without prior approval from Blue Mountains Escapes. The number of people occupying the premises must not exceed the number of people that were initially booked and/or had beds provided for. No additional mattresses, tents or caravans are allowed. If a property is reported to be overloaded, the tenants will be asked to vacate with no refund made. If found after your departure, your credit card will be charged.
15. PETS Pets are not permitted at or in any property with the exception of those that state they are “Pet Friendly”. See property information. Please note NOT ALL "Pet Friendly" houses are fully fenced, see property information for details. Guests are required to advise our office of the breed(s) of dog(s) and number of dogs coming to the property. Details are to be noted in the "Special requirements" field. Approval will be at the discretion of Blue Mountains Escapes.
We ask all pet owners to ensure that the grounds of the holiday property rented are left in a clean and tidy state. You will be charged for extra cleaning if there is excessive mess inside the property and/or you fail to clean up any droppings left by your pet. We also ask, for the safety of your pet, that you administer a flea treatment to your pet prior to arrival PLEASE NOTE: Pets are not allowed in the bedrooms.
16. GUESTS RESPONSIBILITIES All guests are responsible for keeping the property secure during their stay and will be responsible for any theft or damage due to neglect in this area. Everyone on holidays likes to enjoy themselves, however we must stress that excess noise or behavior that is threatening to neighbours will not be tolerated. A "Callout Fee" will be charged to you if we have been asked to respond to any complaints of noisy or threatening behavior. We ask that children in your group refrain from playing in driveways which could be dangerous for them. Should a tradesperson be sent out upon your request to carry out a repair that was unnecessary, the cost of the callout will be payable by the guest. No liability is accepted for any injury, debt, damage, loss, delay, expense or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by events beyond the agent or owners’ control. No responsibility is taken for guest’s personal property left on or near the premises. It is recommended that guests take out personal property insurance or adequate travel insurance should any unexpected situations arise before or during your travel period. All guests are responsible for any loss or damage arising from breakages or other damage to the unit or common property during their stay, including any additional cleaning, removal of excess garbage, repairs, or replacement of items in the property. All properties are privately owned. Please respect the owner's property and do not move furniture around. Do not move items between properties. In the event a claim from the security deposit exceeds $150.00 you will be charged a $50 Administration Fee. Our staff will describe the premises, position and furnishings to the best of their ability and in good faith. No responsibility or refunds for alleged misrepresentation can be accepted.
17. LEFT ITEMS (LOST PROPERTY) If requested, we will endeavour to recover and return items of value inadvertently left behind is one of our holiday rentals. Australia Post no longer provides the Cash on Delivery service. When sending items back to you we will find out exact cost and once we have received the payment, we will forward your property to the address provided.
18. BAD BOOKS REGISTER Blue Mountains Escapes participate in the Bad Book register. By accepting this booking you hereby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, including any guests, breach our Terms and Conditions your Name, Phone Number and Email address along with details of the breach/breaches may be disclosed to the property landlord and/or other agents participating in the Bad Book register. Blue Mountains Escapes reserves the right to cancel a booking where a guest may be registered on Bad Books.
19. CLEANING RATES If any additional cleaning is required as per above terms and conditions, it will be charged at a rate of $40.00 per hour of part thereof. FEES THAT MAY APPLY AS PER TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED ABOVE. Fees will be automatically deducted from the Security Bond or off the Credit Card details provided as per the Guest’s signed Registration. Please Note: The Deposit Constitutes Acceptance of These Terms & Conditions.
20. TEMPORARY CHANGES TO CANCELLATION POLICY IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 If there are travel restrictions in place and no-one is allowed to travel for Holidays, then we will offer the following:-
MOVE - We move your booking to the same time next year (if related to an event) and any monies paid will be transferred to the new booking.
HOLD - We hold monies paid until you contact us with new dates at which time, we will transfer any monies being held.
REFUND – the refund will be total amount you paid less any credit card surcharges and $100 cancellation fee (normally your entire deposit)
Otherwise our normal Cancellation Policy will apply.
21. INDEMITY/DISCLAIMER Blue Mountains Escapes has taken all steps and done all things to present the property in a clean and workmanlike manner as advised by relevant government authority. Blue Mountains Escapes is not responsible for any spread of COVID 19 and will not be held responsible for anything arising from or related to the spread of COVID 19, in respect of which you occupy the property at your own risk.